Rocking Danica to sleep and I started to think about how the keys to getting media exposure are the same as winning over your customers. Here's a list of things that could be the guts of a Powerpoint presentation on either topic:
- Make it easy to "buy"
- Establish a friendly, authentic relationship
- Become a trusted source of information, guidance, expertise
- Help them out, even when it doesn't benefit you directly
- Know as much as possible about who you're dealing with
- The customer/media is
alwaysusually right (but honest and direct communication is essential).
- You always have time for the customer/media
- Customer service is the same as good media relations
- Stay in touch after the "sale"
That's it for now, maybe I'll expand on these a bit more down the road.